I'm the Hen Ferchetan. This is my take on the world through the eyes of Wales. While mostly about Welsh politics (that most famous of dour topics!) I try to scatter some humour around, but I doubt anyone but me will find it funny! Have a read, and if it bores you then feel free to never come back!

Thursday 2 October 2008

At The Opticians

Senedd Whip seems to believe we all got a bit hot under the collar with Lord Coe's "Fuck 'Em" moment (or "alleged" moment!) because that he's a Tory.

Sorry Mr Whippy, it has a bit more to do with the fact that we're told he told us to Fuck off!

As I said on the previous post, the story disappeared quite quickly. Here's a copy of the printed version (courtesy of Dougthedug)

Coe hasn't commented on the story because he's in the opticians (honestly!) but the London Olympics committee says that it doesn't sound like him and that they've asked for a retraction. Skip past the expletive though and the general gist is just the same. Sky News, being a tad more restrained than theLondonPaper, tells us that Lord Coe spoke "bluntly" on the subject and when asked what about the objections of the Scottish Parliament and Scottish FA (along with WAG, FAW, FA of Northern Ireland and the Fans Federations of all four home nations) he said that they would be "over-ruled".

So whether he said "Fuck 'Em" or not, and (as a present for Senedd Whip) be him a Tory, Labourite, Lib Dem, Celtic Nationalist or Monster Raving loony Party member, I still think he's a prat!

3 comments:

Damon Lord said...

"Damon Lord seems to believe we all got a bit hot under the collar with Lord Coe's "Fuck 'Em" moment (or "alleged" moment!) because that he's a Tory"

I don't believe his party affiliation is relevant to this story. I should hope that every political party would condemn his comments should they turn out to be true.

I have further commented on the story over at my own blog.

Hen Ferchetan said...

Sorry Damon, my mistake.. That's what happens when you read people's blog posts on Google Reader without actually checking the blog out, Senedd Whip was the one I should have named!

Do forgive me! :-D I've amended it now.

Damon Lord said...

No problem! I'll amend my blog too.