I'm the Hen Ferchetan. This is my take on the world through the eyes of Wales. While mostly about Welsh politics (that most famous of dour topics!) I try to scatter some humour around, but I doubt anyone but me will find it funny! Have a read, and if it bores you then feel free to never come back!

Thursday 9 October 2008

Seb Coe's Groupies

It seems that there are a handful of people who agree with Seb Coe that the FAW, WAG and Welsh football fan Federation should have their objections overridden. The Welsh Assembly website gives us voters the ability to start a petition, similar to the Number 10 website that has had a lot of publicity.

One of the petitions currently running states:
After the great success of team GB at the Beijing Olympics, a great example of our united strength. We call upon the National Assembly to lobby the Football Association of Wales to work with the three other football associations in the UK to put aside their vested interests to allow a Team GB football team to compete on home soil in London 2012, hopefully adding to our medal haul.
The petition was written and added by a David Rees. I wonder if this is the same David Rees that sleeps in the same "No" bed as David Davies!

One of the signatories is an Alwyn ap Huw - I very much doubt that that's the Miserable Old Fart!

The petition's nemesis, a petition calling for a Welsh Team in the 2012 Olympics found here, is well ahead in the number of signatories at the moment, but there's plenty of time left to sign either!

1 comment:

Alwyn ap Huw said...

Thanks for alerting me to this Hen Ferchetan. As I am the only Alwyn ap Huw who lives in Conwy County this is clearly a forged signature on the petition.

Makes me wonder how many other of the signatures are also forgeries. The fact that the organisers can't drum up genuine support and have to resort to forging signatures just proves how pathetic their petition is.