I'm the Hen Ferchetan. This is my take on the world through the eyes of Wales. While mostly about Welsh politics (that most famous of dour topics!) I try to scatter some humour around, but I doubt anyone but me will find it funny! Have a read, and if it bores you then feel free to never come back!

Friday 25 April 2008

FA Relent

The English FA have announced that Cardiff City will get to play in Europe if they win the FA Cup and that Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau will be played prior to kick off in the Final.

I understand the FAW's view that it as a step backwards for the big three (or is that big two now) to qualify for Europe through the English league system as they would be able to qualify every year if allowed through the Welsh system, but I think this is the right answer. The clubs play in the English league, and allowing them to qualify through the Welsh system would be unfair and hypocritical.

As for the anthem - hooray for a bit of common sense. While you could find plenty of arguments for not singing it - this being the English Cup, tradition etc etc - there was never any real reason for not doing it. It's not going to hurt anyone and it will be respectful to Cardiff City - why bother arguing against it?

Now let's just hope Cardiff can thrash Portsmouth and not let all this go to waste eh!

No comments: