I'm the Hen Ferchetan. This is my take on the world through the eyes of Wales. While mostly about Welsh politics (that most famous of dour topics!) I try to scatter some humour around, but I doubt anyone but me will find it funny! Have a read, and if it bores you then feel free to never come back!

Saturday 13 September 2008

Reality Bites

Wales Office Minister and Labour MP Huw Iranca-Davies gets the award for most bizarre attack of the day after he said this:
"I hope that after the heady nationalistic froth of Plaid Cymru’s conference, Ieuan Wyn will get back to reality. His comments this week have laid bare the soul of Plaid Cymru, and most people in Wales will not like what they have seen, as the nationalists lick their lips over the possibility of a Conservative government in Wales"
This is what Ieuan Wyn Jones said to anger Huw so much:
"The smart money is on probably the Tories winning the next general election, which I think would be bad news for Wales"
So what part of that is devoid of reality? Does Huw believe that the Tories are not odds-on to win the next election, or is he saying that Ieuan Wyn is deluded to think that the Tories winning would be "bad news for Wales"? Answers on a postcard.

1 comment:

Rhys Wynne said...

it does concern me a bit that these people are in a positions of power and consistently come out with such rubbish. Not that I'm losing any sleep about how badly Labour will do next election, they seriously need to face reality.