I'm the Hen Ferchetan. This is my take on the world through the eyes of Wales. While mostly about Welsh politics (that most famous of dour topics!) I try to scatter some humour around, but I doubt anyone but me will find it funny! Have a read, and if it bores you then feel free to never come back!

Wednesday 21 May 2008

An Insult To Who?


A lot of huffing and puffing has been going on about the new Aneruin/Maggie artwork in the Senedd. Although the project had all-party support, AM's have been linign up to condem it. Bethan Jenkins calls is an insult to Wales (Vaughan Roderick will be pleased to note that no-one has called it a slap in Wales' face...yet!) while Carwyn Jones thinks it's a reminder of why we need the Assembly in the first place.


Having now seen the above photo of the tin sculpture I wonder if this is as much an insult to Wales as it an insult to art! Is that really supposed to be Maggie thatcher? Beats me, the only defining features it has is a pearl neckless and a god-awful perm - it could be any woman over 65!

No comments: